Monday, January 15, 2018

Rich history and meeting my Rock Stars!

So I have seen many different sites, attended a ton of concert, and tasted so much good food, but nothing could really compare to seeing Beethoven's, Brahms, Mozart, and Schubert graves! These great men created the mind-blowing music that we play and love to listen to, and I was right next to them. Seeing their graves was jaw dropping and I had never felt closer to my music. A truly magical moment and I shall never forget it. This was while we were still in Vienna, which was a great city.


I loved the transportation system there. It makes me wonder why the states have not taken this idea and made a subway system in the major cities. Also, the architecture was beautiful. I loved seeing every piece of history and learning about what makes this city such a rich piece of history. Finally, seeing the Vienna Philharmonic was unlike any other concert I have ever attended. First we were in the standing room only section which made it a little challenging, but the music was amazing. Seeing Dudamel again in live concert was also incredible. He is still a master of a conductor and jaw dropping to watch.  I can’t wait to go back at the end of the month and see it all again.
Now we are in Prague and wow it is great! Firs we saw the Czech Philharmonic orchestra and that was a great performance. There was a violin soloist by the name of Jan Mráček and he was amazing! He played the Antonín Dvořák Violin Concerto in A Minor which was amazing! He then received a massive applause and came back out and played another piece which was also amazing. The orchestra then performed Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 10 in E Minor which had a amazing sense of energy to it. All in all, it was a great performance.
The next day we then attended the Benda Quartets concert and when they performed the Mendelssohn quartet, I was blown away. I thought they performed it perfectly and it sounded so luscious. Another incredible concert. The next day we saw another great piece of history. Beethoven’s original copy of the Eroica symphony! I could not believe that this great piece of history was right in front of my eyes! Again jaw dropping and inspiring! Prague has been an amazing city and I absolutely love it here! So much history and such beauty in the buildings. It will be hard to leave this city!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...