Friday, February 2, 2018

Apples to Apples

Upon arrival in Salzburg I was strappin' for some muncherinos, so whilst waiting for the D.M.A. to purchase transit tickets at the train station, I purchased two tickets of my own- two tickets for a train ride out of Hunger Town.

Apples... I just bought two apples, quickly ate one, and packed the second for later.

Anyway.

The last city-stay on our trip was also our first- Vienna. Less than a month since we arrived at The Wombats Lounge in Vienna, we returned to finish our short stay in Central Europe, with the memories of four other cities lodged firmly in the forefront of our minds.

But let me take you back in time a bit further to tell a much more titillating tale:

Upon (2nd) arrival in Vienna I was cruisin' for some tum-tum-grumble-make-go-aways, so whilst waiting for the D.M.A. to purchase transit tickets at the train station, I redeemed my second ticket for a train ride out of Hunger Town.

There is a certain sense of self-assurance one must possess in order to just go to town on an apple fruit in the public sector. At least three terrible tragedies are possible in such a situation:

1) you drop the apple
2) the apple drops you
3) you are an apple
*in the case of no. 3 coming to fruition,      there are three additional, but wonderful outcomes that may occur:
    1) you drop yourself
    2) you drop yourself
    3) you are yourself

You may wonder how the first and second outcomes of the second set of three outcomes are 'wonderful'... I'm not sure myself.

This blog is graded.

The connection is that experiencing the cities of our trip has felt like... apples. There are lots of apples out there, but you can only eat one at a time, one bite at a time. And ultimately you have to hold the apple for yourself, maybe you'll drop it, maybe not...maybe the apple will drop you, but if you've got even reasonably functional gross motor skills, you'll be chompin' down in no time.

Disclaimer: if you've got a real big mouth,  then sure, you could maybe eat more than one apple at a time; depending on your definition of a 'bite', you could potentially eat more than one bite of apple at a time,  yes; and, if someone or even multiple people held the apple while you ate it, then no you wouldn't have to hold it yourself; and no, this is not considering apples in any apple-forms aside from their original whole.

1 comment:

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...