Friday, February 2, 2018

Back to Vienna

Sorry for my poor editing skills and poor taste in humor, but I have been waiting a solid 3 days to make this joke.

We made it back to Vienna yesterday and everything felt so familiar that it was almost like we returned home. Navigating the streets was easier than any other city this past month, I knew where everything was and of course, I got to see the beautiful Cathedral again at night (I didn’t take a picture I apologize).
We had our final concert last night, which was a beautiful performance of two pianos, strings and winds in various combinations. I know I haven’t written much about the music this tour so I am hopefully making up for it now. The lead pianist was so strikingly confident in his musicianship on objectively hard pieces from Bach and Mozart, and my hope is that when I get back to the states, recover from jet lag and get back into the swing of things that I will be working hard to get to that confidence in my musicianship, on all my instruments, my conducting, and my teaching. This tour has really made me remember why I continue on my path as a music major and has given me new inspiration for when I get down on myself in the future.

We only have one more day in Vienna and we are going to explore the city, so I am signing off to go fully enjoy my last day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...