Sunday, February 4, 2018

Good Bye for Now

Tired. Sick. Maybe about to lose a lung? This is how I am ending this month long adventure. Send help please. Or maybe just send a decongestant.

Anyway, this trip has been an experience that I wish would never end. We started this trip as 22 strangers who would barely talked at the airport back in the beginning of January. Now at the beginning of February, we all have gotten to be such a close group...maybe a little too close. At the start of this trip, I was nervous about spending a month with people I rarely talked to and rooming with complete strangers.


The trip started in Vienna and ended there as well. However, Vienna seemed different the second time around. The first week, was figuring out the public transportation, adjusting to the time zones, and talking to to maybe 4 people comfortably. Returning to Vienna, seemed like coming home. Seeing The Wombats Vienna was familiar territory now. The city wasn't foreign anymore but instead easier to navigate. Walking around Vienna, felt like a walk in Seattle for me. I knew where I was going and didn't feel as overwhelmed as the first week.



Now that I am back home, I still can't believe that I got to spend a whole month is Europe! It was an amazing and I just wanted to thank my classmates for being so awesome. I'm glad we all bonded and hope we can continue to be friends after this trip! Also thank you to Dr Powell and Dr Rhyne for an amazing trip, being our fearless leaders and tolerating all of us!

While I am missing Europe already, I am happy to say I will be going back next year to study abroad in Vienna! Until next time Europe...
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...