Friday, February 2, 2018

One Last Time

Today was our last day in Vienna. Last night we saw an awesome concert with two pianos, although the ten minute oncour was unnecessary in my eyes. We also all celebrated our last real night in Europe down at the bar in our hostel. Nearly the whole class was there, even Dr Powell was there drinking and laughing at us, it was a good time. Today we went to a art history museum then Paige, Erika, Tomick, Rachel, Katie, and I all made pasta in the hostel kitchen then went shopping in the town center. We ran into a riot which we learned from a local was about another nations people being displaced and were angry with a political figure. One of the few times we really wished we spoke German.To end our last day we had one last group meal.
Amazing how a month ago I was not comfortable with the majority of these people and now I am comfortable with almost all of them. I remember getting on the plain next to people I didn’t know and feeling very uncomfortable and now I’ve roomed with most of these people. I have shared laughs with all of them and I will miss almost all of them. Contrary to popular belief I’m not sick of most of them either. Our class was a good class that worked well together and being half non music majors was nun because it gave the music majors a chance to show their stuff while also hearing a new perspective on the music. It was so great really to have all of these experiences. I am ready to come home though. I’m ready to see my Shay dog, my parents and sibling, my boyfriend and best friend. I’m ready to have a bed that doesn’t squeak so badly and is softer than a rock. I’m ready to be surrounded by my own belongings and not live out of a suitecase. I’m also ready to have a space I can get away from people again. Europe was a blast and I learned a lot but I’m ready to go home now.

Statistics for the trip:
Concerts seen: 16
Times lost: 2
Times Powell almost got run over (that we know of): 6
Sausages eaten: too many
Times I’ve cursed Paige for getting Firebird Fanale stuck in my head: everyday since the Sabine Meyer concert.
Times sick: 0
Migraines: 3 (only the down and put ones)
Allergic reactions: 1
Museums seen: 12?
Churches visited: 9
Decomposers found: 5 if you count all the Mozart statues as finding him.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...