Friday, February 2, 2018

What did I just watch???

When seeing an opera you never know what you are going to get. You can go into an opera knowing the story but what you don't know is how the director will tell the story. You also don't know how each performer will interperate the character or sometimes you may not know the amount of experience one performer may have. When we went to watch The Abduction from the Seraglio I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was the story and what kinds of characters were in the story. Let me tell you this! The opera turned out to be the funniest, weirdest, creepy and one of the most interesting operas I have ever seen! This opera had a more modern take using video cameras and some intriguing interpretations. Since I cannot tell you the opera word for word I will tell you the highlights that I found most entertaining and funny.

The first one was when Blonde stripped down to only this black leotard and was being seductive while also wearing this pink outfit! I found this more interesting then funny because it is an interesting take on the opera.

The second thing was the video cameras and how they used them. Personally I thought this part was hilarious. At one point they fully switched over to the camera and the way one of the performers looked into the camera I about died! The entire show was almost like reality TV where people film their lives!

The last thing and the most funny was when the guy in charge takes off his shirt, wraps himself in a cord then lays on the floor for 5 minutes while the show continues. I was laughing so hard I was crying! I still have no idea what the purpose of that was, but I am glad they added it in because it was hilarious.

Overall I really enjoyed the opera and I hope that I get to see another one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...