Sunday, February 4, 2018

A trip in review

I would honestly say this was a hard trip to put into words. I have made friends I would never have met in the first place if it wasn't for this trip. I also learned a great deal and you know what they say, “knowledge is power.” By far one of my largest outcomes from the trip was my connection with Mozart…….and by this I mean we share the same birthday. Anyway, I’ve always looked up to Mozart as a composer and more of a fun fact that we shared the same birthday. However my view has changed after this trip. As I was able to walk through his birth room and stand where he stood something changed. I realized just how amazing he really was and I mean REALLY. After listening to many pieces this trip I can even more so add that he is my favorite composer of that era. I also find it interesting how their culture uses him as almost their identity. This is especially true for places like Vienna and Salzburg. One is of his death and the other of his birth. A great man for both cities that currently reside in Austria. One day I hope to visit them again and maybe a long way down the road…...live in one.
Love from the states

-Jeffery S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...