Friday, February 2, 2018

A little mountain town

Salzburg was the last stop on our journey through Europe and it didn't disappoint. This was by far my favorite destination due to the size and environment of the surrounding area. Almost anywhere in town you could get a view of the Alps nearby and if not there was always nice rolling hills around or a good view of the castle. On our first full day after our tour of Salzburg me and Matt took a hike through the European forest. We spent the whole day up there which was exactly what I needed especially since I am not much of a city person. We followed this wall all the way to this monastery with great views all the way up. The adventure however didn't stop there as we continued on the backside of this large hill. Eventually we saw the city of Salzburg again and the backside of the castle. We were quite confused until we realized the trail we were hiking on was a giant loop and we returned to our starting point. We ended up following the main trail back down to the main entrance that we completely skipped over in the beginning to find a map which is what helped us realize we did a full loop. It was quite helpful especially because we were able to find all the side trails we ended up walking down as well. All and all the hike was absolutely beautiful and was good for my body and soul.
Love from Salzburg


-Jeffery S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...