Sunday, February 4, 2018

Adventures in Salzburg




Two days after our class hiked up to the top of the castle and immersed ourselves in the breathtaking panorama of the mountains, Leah and I went on a hike that overlooked the whole city, with a view of the castle, river, and incredible churches. We made it to the top just in time to watch the sunset. We then proceeded to explored the woods in the soft light of dusk while the colors continued to change in the sky. It was so peaceful and such a treat to spend time in nature after a few weeks of experiencing life in the city. We savored every moment as we made our way to grab dinner at an Italian restaurant before the concert that evening. Leah ordered a pizza the size of both our heads put together!



I remember how sunny it was in Salzburg that day. It was so nice to explore the city in the sunshine. I spent time on the other side of Mozart platz, across the river where I hadn't explored as much. There were all kinds of cozy coffee shops, book stores, music shops, cafes and restaurants. I drank espresso and purchased postcards on my way to explore all of Salzburg's gems. The concert that evening featured period instruments which was incredible to see for the first time in a live performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...