Saturday, February 3, 2018

Reflections and Writing on the Walls

Wow, what a trip! Spanning almost 4 weeks, 3 different countries, and six different cities and I can't even believe it's over already. But if there is one thing I found out during our extensive trip was that you will always be able to find Graffiti; the  art of the underground anywhere and everywhere. I have had a personal interest in Graffiti or Street Art as an Art form ever since I did my IB research paper on it my senior year of high school. So on this trip I made sure to take pictures of my favorite Graffiti and Street Art pieces in each city we visited. For each city's  culture and people were different in there own little ways. Which for me the effects of these small differences were noticeable in each of their respective Graffiti and Street Art scenes and in a way it became the way I felt I could get the best understanding for each city. And now as our trip comes to close these pieces of Graffiti serve as a kind of way to remember the culture and to an extent the very people of each cities we visited. So I felt no better way to end my part on this blog and the trip than to  share with you all may favorite pieces from each city.

Taken in Vienna, near our hostel.

Taken in Prague, this artist also had similar pieces all over the city.

Taken in Leipzig, on the way to the train station.

Taken in Wittenberg, as we entered the city.

One of my favorites from the East Side gallery in Berlin. 
Also taken in Berlin, on the "backside" of the East Side gallery.



Taken in Salzburg, on the forest path near the Monastery.

Hidden and later uncovered graffiti made by the prisoners at the Sachsenhausen Concentration camp.
One of the most beautiful pieces I have pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...