Sunday, February 4, 2018

bye bye Europe

Well, here we are. Biertrinker here one last time, on a plane in Chicago about to fly back to the beautiful Northwest. It’s been quite a journey. There’s been laughter, tears, concerts, memes, and yes, a lot of beer. I learned a lot over this month, like the fact that beer is much better over in Europe, and the meat, and the street vendors, and, well, most stuff. They don’t have drinking fountains though so that’s really the only negative.

I loved the trip. That’s all i can really say for this reflection. It was amazing and I have made friends with people I may have never talked to in my coming years at PLU. I met people of all different ages and personalities, and honestly, I wouldn’t trade anyone else for these people. I also met and got to know some of the greatest and funniest professors I have known. I have never laughed so much in a single month, many of these instances turned into tears I had so much fun. 

I tried a lot of new things. I went to new concerts and operas, listened to new composers, saw various conductors and singers show their talents. I learned a lot about classical history, especially that Mozart was a bit of a baby, but, he’s still cool. I know so much about Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic now, and I will definitely be going back. When I got back to Vienna for the last few days, it felt almost like I had lived their for a long time, because I knew where I wanted to go and where to go for things. 

If I had to choose a favorite city, I would either say Vienna or Prague. Something about those two cities just stuck with me, and I really appreciated what they gave and provided. Prague introduces me to the Turtleneck that I will be bringing back to the Northwest with me. Vienna introduced me to the European transit system, fast walking, and Durum Kebabs. I loved every single city, and each brought their own fantastic piece of excitement that created an amazing trip.


I’m going to end this with a quote I saw at the Bach Museum in Leipzig. It says, “Can you see anything? Yes, wonderful things”. This quote to me represents the experiences I got to have with my newfound friends. Everything was new, and everything was wonderful. You have to take in everything to truly enjoy a trip like this. It’s not just about the music or the class or the tours. It’s about the feelings and experiences you take away from it and carry with you for the rest of your life. This trip to Europe gave me a new sense of appreciativeness for life and new beginnings. I saw everything I needed and wanted to see, and it was wonderful. Biertrinker out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...