Thursday, February 1, 2018

A night for jewelry

On January 26th we saw Jewels which is a ballet by Staatsoper. This is a three movement ballet representing three different jewels Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond. This was a very interesting experience for me because I am quite unfamiliar with ballet as a whole. The first movement I would say was more traditional ballet dancing at least from my point of view. I would say this was also my favorite of all three. The combination of outfits and color scheme really seemed to catch my eye. I was surprised by the second movement which varied so much from the other two. The movements were crude and the music had a slight jazz feel. The last movement was a mixture of the two with a combination of traditional ballet and abstract movements. I was also blown away by the physical shape that the dancers were in. The male dancers could lift up their women counterparts in a way that made them seem to float. I also noticed the motion of their feet that seemed to always match the music. All and all it was a fantastic ballet and much prefer over something like the nutcracker.
Love from Berlin

-Jeffery S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...