Sunday, February 4, 2018

Inspired

This trip has left me with one word. Inspire. With all the attractions, symphonies, operas, food, shops, and people, I am now inspired. When I left for this trip, I was ready to experience a new world, see things that I couldn’t dream of, eat new food, communicate with people, and experience what it truly meant to travel. And that I exactly what happened.

Starting in Vienna, that is when I knew that I had a good class joining me on this trip. Some of us already knew each other from past encounters at PLU and were good friends. But some of us thought that we would not like each other based off of our interactions in the meetings before leaving. As it turned out, each person brought something new to the table. Each unique and meaningful which always added to the betterment of the group. Some of my best memories from Vienna was hanging out with people in the hostel’s bar and playing pool with them. Good times that I won’t forget. These people have inspired me to do more and to be a better person as they have been.

I have been inspired by the sights I have seen to create more beauty in the world. In Prague, I fell in love with the city almost immediately when we got to the city center and the main foot bridge. The colors were so vibrant and warm. I really want to go back and experience that again. In Salzburg, we found views that I thought only were found on desktop backgrounds. Again, such a gorgeous city and the surrounding landscape was spectacular.

I have been inspired to work even harder at my music and craft. Seeing these world class orchestra has been something else. Each one had a unique sound that they produced and was under different leadership that lead in interesting ways. I want to do even better on my violin and thank their great work and discipline with my own dedication and discipline. These people were amazing to watch and I hope one day, I can hear them again.


Overall this trip has been one of the best experiences I have had in my life. I loved the travel, spending time with friends, gaining new friends, meeting people from far away places, seeing beautiful landscapes, beautiful architecture, hearing amazing music and watching amazing conductors. I also am very thankful for the leadership of our Professors and their organization of this trip. It would not be the same without them. But I am left inspire, willing to work harder and meet the world again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...