Sunday, February 4, 2018

Turtle Noises, Trdelnyk, and Social Tortoises

Home at last, with an experience I will never forget behind me. At least, I know I won’t forget how uncomfortable the seats on the trains were. But one thing I noticed was how much this trip could be personified by a turtle. In the beginning we were all still inside our shells at first, and then we slowly peaked our heads out, and then by Berlin all of us were out of our shells and walking, and then something scared us in Salzburg and we crawled back in. But this time when we crawled in with a memory of what was outside and felt more secure in this manner. Or I’m just a little loopy still and I’m being that one guy who talks stupid things after smoking weed. Or drinking. Or just because they feel the need to talk. You know, people like me.

The turtles also surfaced when I made the mistake of making the noise a turtle makes when it humps a shoe, so all of the guys started making the noise at random intervals and just to annoy Dr. Powell. I regret that course of action. But it was fun to just hear the random Ngaaaa, and know someone you know is nearby.

Time will tell if this actually has an impact on my life, but some things I know for sure, is that Beer is good,  I need to play more clarinet and learn more instruments, Always drink the house beer, listen to local suggestions, never trust the ground, your eyes and ears are your most valuable tools abroad, pack extra, wander, have what you like but remember consequences, and some of the prettiest things you’ll ever see will be found on accident. This trip has been an amazing experience I will never forget, with people I regret not knowing sooner, places I’ve seen in only movies and books, and music I should have listened to live earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...