Sunday, February 4, 2018

Auf Wiedersehen

What an incredible month it has been. While it is hard to believe we are back in Washington, I feel excited for what spring semester holds for all of us. I am so grateful for all we experienced and am looking forward to seeing all of my fellow travelers on campus! Every day of this journey has been so memorable but I will never forget our last night in Vienna. Our final group dinner in Austria felt so communal. A local Viennese musician serenaded us on his guitar, With the first song he played there was a wave of connection that washed over the room. I could feel the way the past month has moved me. How it had touched all of us. With such a generous feast, the restaurant provided us with to-go boxes to take leftovers. That night Brett, MariHa, Matt and I put together care packages with the leftover food from various adventures and our feast. We set into the night to give some love to the homeless people of Vienna. It was the perfect way to end the trip. I am so grateful for this experience and the opportunity to share it with such incredible people who I am so proud to call my colleagues and friends :).

 I can feel how we've grown and how we will carry this experience into the next piece of our journey. Thank you so much Dr.Powell for designing such an exceptional J-term adventure. I am excited to return to my studies of music after such an inspiring month. I know I will return to Europe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...