Sunday, February 4, 2018

Back to Vienna

Back to Vienna we go. The final destinations and the return to where it all started. When we started here, I was so excited and full of energy. But now I enter tired and full of different experiences, music, gifts, food, and beer. I will say that I am glad to be back. This is a great city and I have deeply enjoyed my time here. The food is always good here and I will say that Vienna has the best/most clear transit system compared to the other cities that we have been to. The maps are straight forward and easy to understand if you are a foreigner. That helped make my stay in Vienna enjoyable.

Anyway, on the day when we got back to Vienna, we went to our last concert at the Musikverein and heard the Cappella Andrea Barca play pieces by Bach and Mozart. It was a great concert, minus the fact that about every five minutes someone would drop something on the floor. The items included (guesses based off of the sound) programs, coins, phones, and some other items that I don’t know what are. For a person with ADHD, this was very distracting made the performance very hard to enjoy. I still did enjoy it because the music was fantastic and performed by masters of their instruments, but it was difficult. I think people might need to learn how to hold onto their stuff. The Musikverein should maybe think about including concert etiquette classes or instructions in their programs. But that is just my thoughts.


The day we toured the State Art History Museum which had some massive and spectacular pictures. My favorite was one of the Archangel Gabriel fighting and sending demons to hell. The picture was about 20 to 25 feet tall and 8 feet long. It was massive! It was the most epic piece I have ever seen. The rest of the art was also fantastic. Pictures of the past, of people, events, and stories filled this museum from top to bottom. It was amazing and it reminded me that I could never do something like that. Painting that is. That is why I do music. Later that day we had our final group dinner at a place near Beethoven’s apartment in Vienna. The name of the place was Mayer am Pfarrplatz. The room we were in was full of good food and great company. Laughter was constant and good stories were going all around. It was a great last night in Europe. A night I will not forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...