Saturday, February 3, 2018

Hello Seattle, I Am (Not) a Mountaineer ( But I did Climb lots of stairs!)

Last night was our final day in Vienna... I really can't believe that it has already been a month since we started our trip to Europe and I kind of didn't want to leave.  As I am sitting here writing this with a kitten in my lap who is being oh so helpful with my blog post by falling asleep on the mouse pad, I am thinking about how much I missed being home with my mom and the cats,  However, I am also thinking on this trip as a whole and just how much I am going to miss exploring the cities and learning about their history.There is so much beauty within the countries that we have visited and I'm not entirely sure how to put it into words what I feel about it.
This was my view of the castle from our Hostel

 I think my favorite city, hands down, would be Salzburg. I mean, the room I stayed in had the perfect view of the Castle on top of the mountain. The fact that the sky was absolutely clear and sunny made this particular part of the trip so much better as well.


 Honestly, this trip has definitely been quite the adventure! Going through six cites in three different countries within a month and being able to go on walking tours of  each place, go a significant number of concerts and museums are all experiences I would never trade for the world. Aside, not to mention many of the museums or tours we took included lots of going up hills or lots of stairs! It might not be as intense as mountain hiking, it definitely was a work out..I feel like I could conquer a Stairmaster step mill at this point! Anyway, I also learned so much about the history of our music and heard it first hand. But not only that, I've learned about the history of those specific places as well and it was very enlightening and sobering at the same time. On top of that, this trip has definitely gotten me to make and build some awesome friendships that I hope will last a while. At some point in the near or distant future, I would want to take the time to travel to these places again to do some more exploring and learning to stretch my brain a little more.




In the mean time, enjoy this picture of the kitten I got as she was falling asleep during the creation of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...