Friday, February 2, 2018

The most beautiful view!

      When I woke up that morning and I had no idea what to expect. On the agenda for the day we had a scheduled secret passage tour of the Hohensalzburg castle in Austria. Little did I know we had to climb several steep hills and staircases just to get there. The agonizing journey felt like forever, but I finally reached the top. As we turned the corner to go to a viewpoint my jaw hit the ground. The view was so beautiful, with Alps standing in front of me and the city of Salzburg below; I couldn't believe my eyes. It was truly amazing. I took several beautiful pictures then we went on our way.
       The tour guide showed us a few rooms before leading us to the place where I saw the most amazing thing. We went through a small wooden door that led to a tall spiral staircase. I went around and around until it spit us out at the top of the castle. I thought the view before was beautiful but this one was heavenly. My breath was taken away, I had to stand there for a minute just to soak it all in. On one side of me was the Alps and on the other was the Salzach River, with the blue sky and the green grass I have never seen anything so gorgeous. That is the moment when I captured what life is really about. In that moment it was as if the whole world stopped and nothing else mattered. This moment represents the biggest highlight of my study away trip but it also represents much more. I had no idea what to expect that day or from my study away trip but it led to something absolutely amazing. The long agonizing journey I took to get here was all worthwhile because it led to a beautiful thing and my life was forever changed for the better because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...