Thursday, January 18, 2018

First Day in Leipzig!

Leipzig has been amazing already. We just arrived yesterday but there’s just something about this city that I love. There’s not as many monuments or castles as Prague or Vienna but the city is a nice reprieve from the business that’s been going on. 

Yesterday we arrived on the train and soon found our hostel. Our hostel is right in this really nice shopping area and right by the Old Town Square. It’s also pretty much next door neighbors with presumably the oldest coffee shop in Europe. Many famous musicians have also played in the coffee shop. I have yet to had a coffee there yet but we still have three more days! 

Also near our hostel is the St. Thomas Kirche. This is where Bach spent most of his days composing and conducting. We get to go to the motets there tomorrow, so I can’t wait to see what it looks like. 

Today we took a walking tour of the surrounding area than had the rest of the day to ourselves before we attended a concert from the Gewandhaus Orchestra. The walking tour was really interesting but we found a really amazing church walking a little further on our own. We had seen the spiral from afar and decided to try to find it. It was well worth the windy walk! 

Another new thing I tried today was currywurst, a Leipzig specialty. It was definitely interesting but very good. 

Lots of new things to come and I can’t wait to see what they are.


**pictures will be added tomorrow! Phone still not working right :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...