Friday, January 19, 2018

Goodbye Praha and hello Leipzig!

Finishing up in Praha, or Prague, we had our first free day, which had a slower start. It was nice to get some laundry done, but that took a good long time. Those were some of the slowest washing machines I have ever used. But that was probably the only bad thing about Prague. This amazing city is absolutely beautiful because of the architecture, the food, and the history. I would love to come back to the amazing place and explore more. I love the colors, I love the streets, and I love the food. I have no complaints about Praha. It is hard to say goodbye, but all good things do end. But only for new adventures to begin!

Now we head to Leipzig! After a 4 hour we arrived in Leipzig and I was impressed how much more quiet Leipzig first appeared to be. There are no cars racing through the tight alley streets, and the people here just seem quiet, but nice. We got the chance on the second day to see the Gewandhaus Orchestra and we got to sit behind to orchestra. It was a new experience for me and I was really happy with it because I could watch the conductor in more detail. He was very energetic and exciting to watch! I will say that he held his baton in a different style that was a little strange for me, but at his stage of his career, he can almost do whatever he wants to do. Going to the orchestra, they were very responsive and always paying attention to the conductor or the soloist (Who was put on a great performance, his name is Nikolaj Znaider) and would respond to anything that was thrown at them. Very enjoyable performance! I look forward to tomorrow though as we will be listening to music by Bach in the church he worked in. St Thomas Kirche. It should be a great performance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...