Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Munchin' on that Käsekrainer

The city of Salzburg seems to be a hit for a decent amount of our class. You have the ability to walk your way up and out of the bustling city in matter of minutes, ending up with a panoramic view of the Alps from the bastion of a centuries-old castle, the Festung Hohensalzburg. On our first full day, my classmate Jeffrey and I ventured up the hill opposite the Festung Hohensalzburg, and found ourselves invested in an actual hike for about two hours (maybe 20% hike and 80% casual walk, to be clear).

There is just an endearing quality to the city that is enjoyable to a great amount of people- city bustle, suburban quiet, expansive nature, vast musical heritage- it's all here.

But what you need to know is that after I drank the most stereotypical liter of beer I've ever drank (a liter from a frothing stein, in an Austrian beer hall), I had the käsekrainer hot dog included here. That was the best hot dog I've ever eaten.

1 comment:

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...