Friday, January 19, 2018

The grass is always greener

As we left for Leipzig many of my fellow classmates were sad to see Prague in their rearview mirror and as many of them would say “Prague has my heart.” I would agree with them that Prague was a wonderful place with great views and cheap food (I don't think I'll ever seem richer) however I think the best is yet to come. After having several conversations with Dr.Powell about past trips it seems Prague is not as popular as you may think. I find this to be an interesting dynamic due to the overwhelming popularity of Prague with this specific group. I think this is due to the fact of their quite exciting nightlife, culture, and environment that seems to fit a younger crowd. We are currently in Leipzig and although it is much smaller than Prague it is the fastest growing city in Europe and I believe that's for a reason. We also have Berlin and Salzburg left on our journey to which Salzburg seems to be the overwhelming favorite for past trips. I like to think there is always something better and I am interested to see by the end if my classmates minds change or if they are set in their ways. As they say the grass is always greener on the other side of Europe.
Love from Leipzig
-Jeffery S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...