Friday, January 19, 2018

Foggy Praguey

Prague has so far been my favorite. It was definitely one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen or been to, even when it was foggy.


Prague has three separate "towns"- little town, old town, and new town. We took a tour through each and travelled to the castle which had an amazing view over the entire city! Along the way there were many food carts, small walk in shops and museums, and a market ready to be explored.

My favorite musical event we attended on this trip was the opera "The Bartered Bride". It was humorous and held my complete attention throughout its entirety. We also heard the Czech Philharmonic with a soloist violinist who was AMAZING and only 27 years old.


Prague was much more disorganized than Vienna. It took me until the last day to start finding my own way around and I never really got the hang of the public transportation.

Monday night a large group of us took a quick swing dancing "lesson" from one of our fellow travelers, Tomick. We went to a small cafe where we put our skills to the test. It's safe to say that swing dancing is my new favorite activity.

Our final night in Prague we went to a Czech Folklore Dance and Dinner Show- that was super fun and interactive. They invited people from the audience to dance (myself being one of them).

Overall, Prague was 10/10. I got lost a lot- like usual, drank more beer, and found a new favorite hobby. We have just ended our first week in Europe and it's already one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. The people here have impacted me and taught me so much.


We are currently on our way to Leipzig where we will spend the next four days- I can't wait to see what this city holds for me.

Xoxo, gossip girl

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad you were able to experience Prague. I truly loved Prague when we were there and wish I had been able to spend more time there. And then there are the Trdelnik doughnuts! So yummy! Love the updates from you and your new friends. XO’s- mom

    ReplyDelete

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...