Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lets Keep Going and Going

Something I’ve loved so far about this trip is that everywhere we go and every place I look, there always seems to be something amazing. Our last day in Vienna, we went to the Schoenbrunn Palace. The palace was fantastic, every inch, inside and out, was exquisite. However, my favorite part and one of the parts of the day that resonated with me the most was when we walked outside, through the garden, and up a huge hill to what essentially used to be a gate to the palace. Despite it being cloudy, the sun still shone through a bit and the gate and view of the city was beautiful. 


Afterwards we continued to walk around Vienna and found high market square, a channel filled with graffiti, and a market that probably spanned the length of a football field. That day we just kept going and going, at least it felt that way, and I’m so glad we did because I got to see things and places I likely wouldn’t have seen had we stayed closer to our hostel or around places we’d been before.

Something else that was really interesting to see was the juxtaposition between the traditional and the modern. Everywhere I looked there was old and new: historical architecture, churches, statues, and the modern world with graffiti and buildings with loads of glass windows and interesting angles.


Even though it’s only been about a week (wow we’ve already been in Europe for a week), and I feel like I’ve already seen so much, I know there is still so much to see and I am very ready. I am definitely exhausted after each day here and part of me would like to take a break, but at the same time, I just want to keep going everywhere and see everything that I am not used to seeing or living in or experiencing in the US, or any other part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...