Thursday, January 18, 2018

     Hey! Biertrinker back in Prague again! Lots to talk about this time. This post will be leaning a lot more towards the social side of things. We did see a lot of great places and had some very educational tours, and there will definitely be a paragraph dedicated to all of that great stuff, but I really enjoy how our community has gotten along together. I'm going to try to talk about all that I remember, such as going to a late night swing dance club, or going to a classic Czech dance and dinner (all you can drink and eat by the way), and also the dance party we experienced. Have fun reading!


This here is the St. Vitus Cathedral. My class had the privilege of taking a tour basically around the whole part of the Castle District of Prague. There we saw and heard many things. my group learned that the first part of this cathedral had been developed in the 1400's, while the second part was finished in the 19th century. Also, there is this amazing story about St. John who was thrown off of the nearby St. Charles Bridge. He is now supposedly known as the protector from floods and drowning. These little facts are what make this trip so interesting and why these tours are great for this class.

On to the fun stuff! (Not that the other stuff isn't fun) I was lucky enough to dance a lot in Prague. The first opportunity was in the lounge of the hostel where I got to dance with my friend Caroline on stage, leading the YMCA dance to a large group of sober people.

The next dancing opportunity came when I went swing dancing for the first time in my life. At first, I was worried because I can't dance and I especially can't dance swing. But when I got to the small Jazz lounge the event was taking place, I had so much fun, and now I only want to go back. This night kind of defines the whole trip, showing that there are always opportunities to try new things, whether it be big or small.

      Probably the greatest moment of Prague was the last night there, where we went to a traditional Czech restaurant that came with unlimited food, drinks, and also a great performance. I was able to watch my friends dance and sing, while I ate chicken and ham, and sipped on a beer (Yes, sipped). It was a great chance to talk to everyone, and I even live streamed the event and got one viewer, who happened to be my mom.

     Prague has been great, it was great, and I'm excited about Leipzig too. I'll keep ya updated, and not just cause I have to.

- Aaron Ristau, Biertrinker






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...