Monday, January 22, 2018

Listening to Bach in the house of God.

Leipzig was full of great experiences and adventures, but nothing could come close to the two services that we attended at St Thomas Kirche. The reason these services were so special is because this is the church that Johann Sebastian Bach worked in! When he was alive, he walked these halls, and was part of the body at this church. We were blessed to hear the music Bach had written for this space, being performed by the original choir he wrote it for! The St Thomas Kirche young boys choir! These young boys sang like there was no tomorrow! There voices were so full and powerful, I could not believe the performance that they gave! They performed Bach the way that it was meant to be performed. I will never forget this concert. Thank you Bach for your dedication to music and to God. You shall never be forgotten.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...