Saturday, January 20, 2018

Who knew boys could sing that high

Today started off at the Mendalson museaum, which was totally awesome! There was a room that had a conducting simulator in it. You had a score in front of you and there was a sensor that followed your baton then in the room was the Orchestra or towers labeled with each section, these were electronic and showed you how loud each section was playing as well as actually producing the sound. You could change the color of the room and add visualizations to the music (pictures will show) that showed what each instrument was doing. 
The first level (second level for Americans) was where the Mendalsons actually lived. They have it set up to show Felix Mendalson’s work as well as living areas and such but have also remodeled the rooms because they have no original furniture except for Felix’s suitcase and paintings. I didn’t know he was an artist as well as composer and conductor. 
The second level was dedicated to his sister Fanny and her works and pictured her gift to her husband “the Year” which has a piano piece for every month of the year decorated by his art because he was an artist. There was also a dress up room so that’s what those photos are when you come to them. 
Back on the first level there was a rotating display that had some of Felix’s work, an old trumpet and clarinet and much more but those are the three I chose to take pictures of. 
Then we went and saw the boys choir again with the Gewandhaus Orchestra from a few nights ago performing part of Bach’s B minor mass. It was so great and those boys can sing so high it amazes me. I know some of them are younger than my younger brother and that’s why but still. And the oldest ones are a few years younger than me. We then got a tour of St. Thomas from the uncle of one of Dr powell’s former students who is a pastor in the church. 
After that Paige and I went to find a Bach statue for her friend so that she could bring back her friend a decomposer, went to dinner and had a hard time because the waitress spoke no English. Then went to the town square where a competition has been going on all day for grilling food. They were awarding a winner when we got there then putting on the next band. It kind of reminded me of Oaxaca at New Years. Tomorrow we leave for Berlin. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...