Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I Could Get Used to This

Yesterday morning I woke up at 6:15 to climb Hohensalzburg Castle and look at the sunrise. At the foot of the gate there is a ledge that overlooks the city of Salzburg so before the gate opened I sat there and looked out at the town. It was still dark so I looked out over the city and could see some of the lights on in the buildings. The bells in all of the churches ring at 7:00 so I could hear them echo across the city. Once the castle gate was opened at about 7:30 I climbed to the top and took pictures of the sunrise from there. Here are just a couple from that morning:



















I was so taken with the sunrise that I decided I wanted to find a place to watch the sunset as well. I hiked up to a walled fort right outside the castle that I had went to the day before and got a clear view of the sun setting over the mountains. Many other people seemed to have the same idea as there were several couples sitting on the wall looking out on the mountains and people sitting on the benches. Here are some pictures from that as well:





After a long day of hiking up and down stairs to catch all of the views I was incredibly sore and tired. I hiked over 11 miles, had 25,000 steps and climbed over 100 floors, and you know what? I’m probably going to do it all again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...