Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Get Lost in the Wilderness


We started out the day with a lovely tour of Salzburg. We walked through the city and learnt a lot!

After that a few of us decided to hike up to the Monetary that is one this mountain. The walk was a long windy road that felt like the stair machine in a gym. The view was great and we could see most of the city!

Earlier that day I had briefly read of a restaurant or a brewery of some sorts that was past the Monetary. I decided to walk up past and check it out, and dragged a few people along with me. We found a sign that pointed to it and decided to find it, since it was clear there was a restaurant!

What was planned to be a short walk, turned into a very long hike. The whole time, I just wanted to climb a little higher to see the Alps. Eventually we stopped to take a break but I wasn't ready to stop hiking. Honestly, I just wanted to walk up another path to get a picture above the trees. However, this small detour turned into another hike with half of the group. Many more steps later and a few random turns later. We finally found the view I was looking for! It was absolutely breathtaking! The middle of Salzburg is a giant castle that sits on a hill, but this view overtook that hill. What was once a huge castle appeared so tiny no as the Alps towered over it!

This view was worth it the super long hike! A big deal thank you to Carl and Katie for tagging along with me and being so adventurous. I hope to come back and explore the Salzburg wilderness again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...