Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Czech language is incredibly challenging

     So, it's been a bit since my last post. I have done a ton, almost too much to remember, and definitely too much to post about. But to give a bit of an overview we saw a lot of performances, including my favorites, the Czech Philharmonic, the Benda Quartet, and our most recent opera, The Bartered Bride. I could talk about the Vienna Philharmonic and their first performance that we saw, but I had to stand for that, so that's a no from me.

     My favorite performance so far had to have been the Benda Quartet. We missed part of the performance due to the fact that Prague is very large and getting lost is pretty easy. But when we got to the venue and we stepped inside, oh my. The first part of their performance that we saw was unbelievable. They really were trying to go for dissonance on that piece, and it showed. The clashing of chords was amazing, especially how they did it in sync with each other. Their second part was the exact opposite sound. It was beautifully played and had some of the most soothing chords.

     Once again, I think the best part of Prague is getting to know people. I shared a room with 7 other guys, and it was awesome. It was hilarious. It was just, a small community of love and peace and laughter. Lots of laughter for sure. Some friends and I created a new way to eat food after being inspired by a local snack the Czech sell at the street carts. It's called a Turtleneck, feel free to check out my promo post that I published earlier. Thanks! Next post will be about the last days in Prague, see ya soon my fellow bloggers. :)

- Aaron Ristau - Biertrinker

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...