Friday, January 19, 2018

Welcome to Prague!

It's our first day in Prague and honestly it's quite a long day. We got up early and took a 4+ hour train ride from Vienna to get here. Although it was long it was definitely worth it. About am hour after we got here, we got to go see the Czech Philharmonic. They were absolutely phenomenal!! I would almost say I liked it better than the Vienna Philharmonic concert that we attended. They performed with such an energy that, even though I wad exhausted, made me constantly try to sit forward in my seat. It was really exciting to be able to listen to them play their second piece,  Shostakovich's Symphony No. 10 in E minor. I thought it was crazy just how the conductor was so engaged and into the music that while he was conducting; he looked like he was practically dancing. With this song, I was blown away with the large, intense sound that whey played with.

During our third day in Prague, we were able to have a free day to just wander around and explore the city. Matt, Katie, MariHa, and I went to the old cell/radio tower and decided to go all the way to the top. The wind was super strong and honestly I don't know how I got all the way up to the top. I was practically hugging the center pillar all the way up cause I was almost afraid of getting blown away ( Not that I would really happen...). When we got to the top, we had the greatest view of the city below. Although the platform was shaking from the wind, I'm honestly glad that I pushed past my fear of heights and got all the way to the instead of  stopping 1/3rd of the way through and going back down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...