Wednesday, January 17, 2018

No Flying Cars Needed Today

Today we traveled by train from Prague to Leipzig. Let me tell you it was an adventure, we got on our first train fine but the second train was never booked because the lady Dr Powell talked to spoke Czech. So our train was full so we all rushed onto a train at the last minute (literally). I hope someone gets the Harry Potter reference in my title.
While traveling on the second train Paige and I sat across from a German young man not much older than us I would say. He didn’t say anything the entire ride but at one point the lady behind him stood up and looked at me and said something unintelligible but obviously mad and threw a plastic bag at me. The German man still didn’t say anything but just silently held the trash bin open for us (true homie right there). But Paige and I were super confused as to what we did wrong because we didn’t interact with that woman at all. 
In Leipzig we walked around and found a statue of Bach outside of the church where he spend the second half of his life. Then we all scattered to find food and that’s been our night.
Last night we had more problems with the Irish. My room had one legitimately think our room was his and the encounter went something like this: 
Him: “(insert name) let me in!” *jiggling handle to door and knocking* “(insert name) OPEN THE DOOR!” *jiggling the handle more and knocking harder* “OPEN THE F*CKING DOOR” * banging and kicking the door then walks away* *comes back a few minutes later and bangs even harder on the door so it sounds like it’s gonna break and continues to yell* 
Us: “Wrong room!” 
Him: *bangs again*
Us: “WRONG ROOM!”
Him: “What?”
Me: *standing by the door now* “WRONG ROOM!”
Him: “it’s not the wrong room it’s my f*cking room!!” *bangs on door again*
Me: *opens the door enough to let him see me and looking very annoyed because it’s 4:30 am* 
Him: “oh sh*t” *goes away* 
Then they partied later in the night like they have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...