Monday, January 22, 2018

Prague Has My Heart

Prague Has My Heart

On our free day in Prague, Leah and I discovered a charming book store filled with old photographs and artwork covering the walls. Alex joined us on a treasure hunt for keepsakes; sifting through old records, magazines, books, and postcards. Many of which had writing in Czech on the back. The owner of the shop took the time to translate the writings of the postcards we picked out and shared information about the cards including the year it came from and the historical significance of that time. He was a very friendly local, looking after a shop that housed priceless, historic jewels. Alex found a postcard in black and white from 1928 that was in perfect condition along with a few others. Leah found a magazine with Czech art and cartoons inside and a few old photographs.


                Ne
xt door to the book store was a hole in the wall cafe with artwork covering every inch of each wall. Even the napkins had interesting prints on them. There were only three options on the menu for lunch but each dish was delicious. We drank espresso and breathed in the Czech art that surrounded us. 

      

Once it hit 1pm the record store next door to the book shop opened and we spent the rest of the afternoon listening to records and experiencing another aspect of the music scene in the Czech Republic.

We ended our excursion with ice cream in the Main Square before heading back to our hostel to join colleagues for dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...