Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lost and Found

Today we went to a mansion displaying a bunch of art. My favorite rooms were the armory and the music room which housed more violins than I cared to count, two cellos, two basses, several lutes, a couple trumpets before they had valves, flutes made of wood, clarinets, an English horn, and a bassoon. The room also housed Handel’s Messiah rearranged in Mozart’s hand, the actual score that Mozart wrote. As well as a few things written by Beethoven.
Then we had the adventure of accidentally taking the wrong team trying to get to the old square. By chance we ran into Caroline who got left at the mansion on her own and was very lost. She stuck with us for a while then said she was going to find Wi-Fi and head back to the hostel. We walked around the square for a while after we ate then were trying to figure out what team to take back when one opened and there was Caroline (2 hours after she had left us) still lost and we quickly told her to get off and come with us then we made our way back to the hostel.
Tonight we say The Bartered Bride. It was a fantastic and funny opera. Anything with a song dedicated to how beer is a gift from god is going to be funny though.
Tomorrow is a free day and we are looking forward to exploring the city then shopping in the square.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...