Saturday, January 27, 2018

My Claim to Fame

     I would like to introduce this experience and blog post by telling all of my loyal friends and family that I made it big and I plan on bringing you all with me...

     That being said- I will tell you all how this came to be.

     During our time in Leipzig, January 19th to be exact, we heard the Boys Choir perform. The boys choir is a prestigious group, obviously made up of boys, (aging all the way up to 19 years old) who are sent to boarding school at a young age where they spend almost all of their time training their voices. Basically everyone in Germany and most of Europe knows who they are.

     The next day our group planned on going to a mass at the church- my friend Mariah and I somehow got separated from the group where we ended up going through a big wooden door (following a couple people who clearly knew where they were going). We stepped through the doors & standing right in front of me is one of the older choir boys. He said something to me in German that I couldn't piece together, my immediate, star-struck response being "um, what?". He then proceeded to ask me if I was a family member or close friend of one of the choir boys to which I replied with "no..." *slight pause* *switches into acting mode* "how did I get here?" He then, in great detail, explained that I needed to walk out the doors, literally right around the corner to where I would be seated for the duration of the mass. 

     I gave him a pat on the arm & told him thanks before I headed out.

     I luckily was sitting in a seat where we were clearly visible to each other. We shared a couple small glances throughout the mass with a few smiles back & fourth, and after the show... absolutely nothing happened. He went home with his family. But rest assured I will be on a poster next to the choir boy someday!!!



(Unfortunately I was not quick on my toes and did not think to ask the choir boy for a selfie- therefore I have no pictures to post with this blog post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...