Monday, January 8, 2018

Januar-7/8-1-2018

Today in Vienna, I realized all the difference the continent makes when it comes to the grand cities is the aura of the plac d you go. In the United States, most of every important landmark and site is powerful because of its sheer vastness and size, we marvel at how far humanity has come. In Europe today, there was the new, but the truly magnificent sites were the old cathedrals and halls. While any site in the US was at least 4x it’s size, the unseeable gravity of the areas more than made up for the gap. The only analogy I could think of is that the US is a strong, massive oak tree, you marvel at its strength and size. But the EU is the old, gnarled blackthorn, small and wicked with a power unseen. For a first day, not bad. I can’t wait for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...