Friday, January 12, 2018

All That Jazz- Day 1 & 2

The last few days were filled with lots of travel and lots of excitement.

I left for the airport nervous- this is my first time traveling "alone" & I had barely met most of the people joining me on the trip, but the nerves were quickly calmed by the typical airport distractions and the great people I'd now all consider friends.

Our first plane ride, a nine hour & forty-five minute flight was long, for my classmates at least... I was asleep the whole time. Our second, an hour & a half long, was short and sweet... not that I would know, I was knocked for that one too.


Immediately after arriving at the hostel, a big group of us enjoyed coffee and food at a local coffee shop down the street, then went on the explore the area we would be settled in for the next four days. My roommates and I stumbled upon a BEAUTIFUL cathedral, along with a grown-up playground and a some gnarly graffiti art, then back to the hostel for a thirty minute power-nap before dinner.

Day two consisted of a tour of central Vienna and St Stephens Cathedral, the St Stephens Cathedral catacombs, and a performance of Light and Love: Letters and writings by Clara and Robert Schumann (which I did not understand a single word of... but still sounded absolutely astounding). I ended the day with a hot dog stuffed bread roll and an even bigger love for travel AND I STILL HAVE 24 DAYS LEFT!!! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...