Friday, January 12, 2018

Trains are Fun and Showers are Hard

Today we traveled to Prague! We got up this morning and left our hostel and got on a train for four hours. We left from platform 9 so of course we said we left from 9 3/4. Paige, Erica, Tomick and I played hearts, I lost (sorry Mom). Then we all either watched showed or listened to music and dozed off.
We arrived at our new hostel in time to go scrounge up some food then leave for the concert. We arrived at the concert hall an hour early so we went a few blocks over to a really cool bridge and explored there. Then went back and watched the Czech Philharmonic perform. It was an amazing performance and one of my favorites so far! After that we went into the town square to see where all the shopping gets done.
Then back at our hostel we all struggled to figure out the shower because the water controls go hot and cold really fast. Also to get it from the hand held shower to the over head you have to pull s little bob that pulls the entire panel out which feels like you’re gonna break it. 11 pm shower adventures in the Czech Republic!
The concert house

The bridge 

Statue next to the bridge 

Castle with a church in the background

My view of the concert 

Apparently I own a leather shop too

A really big working church 

The biggest working mechanical clock in the world (under renovation)

The theatre where Don Geovoni first premiered 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...