Thursday, January 11, 2018

Up Up Up the Stairs We Go!

At the top of the south tower

Today we went on a tour of what was used as the summer palace for most of the emperors of Austria until Maria Theresa came along and made it her home. The place is absolutely HUGE! We went through about 40 rooms but that's not how many used to be there. A lot of the old servants quarters are now rented out as apartments and the kitchens have all been renovated so what remains is the royal living areas and that is about it.
After the tour Dr. Powell, Paige, Erica, Tomick and I went back to St. Stevens and climbed the South Tower (that's the tall one). I got a snow globe from the top! Before you ask I don't know how many stairs there are I didn't count. There were too many if you ask me. Stairs are not my friends right now.
After that we went to lunch (minus Dr. Powell) and then the four of us went ice skating. Paige is super good. Tomick got pretty good and Erica did too for having never skated before and I just suck.
Then we went to a concert in the "Golden Hall" and watched the Vienna Philharmonic. They were absolutely wonderful! I have now hit a brick wall with my energy after my migraine yesterday and am going to bed.
it staid Hartmann so I had to get a picture
Ice skating


The palace


Top of the tower view

Concert hall

Inside the concert hall. "Golden Hall"
Group Pictures outside the palace

#Lutesaway

Girls picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...