Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Vienna Day 1 and 2!

This trip has been an adventure already. The journey here was long so the first thing I started looking for in Vienna was food, of course. I’ve traveled before but in many of the places there hasn’t been a language barrier or I haven’t been affected by it. Me and a couple of other people walked into Mr. Schnitzel, a schnitzel store, having no clue what to order because the menu was in German. One of the workers came up to us and probably asked what we wanted but I’m not completely sure. Courtney and I ended up just nodding and saying we will each take one of whatever he was saying. The food was really good but not what I expected! The language barrier may be difficult but it’s so interesting and you’ll never know what you’re going to get. 

Other than that first experience, we haven’t had many troubles. The day we arrived we were all pretty tired but still had the energy to explore the area surrounding our hostel. Things got even better today when we started our day with a walking tour. It was so interesting learning about St. Stephens Kirche as well as the history of Mozart in the area. The tour also gave us a good idea of where else we want to explore! A couple of us ended up walking around exploring different churches and buildings. The architecture is amazing in Europe. 

We finished the day going to a really well performed recital! We attended the Love Letters of Clara and Robert Schumann. I’m not a music major and I haven’t experienced this type of singing before but the singers and pianist were incredible. I may have been very tired during the performance and since it wasn’t in English, I couldn’t understand anything, but I still really enjoyed it. One thing that was really interesting was that the performers came out to applause four times after the performance. Overall, it’s been a really great two days and I’m still really tired but so excited for what’s to come!

I couldn’t figure out how to get pictures on and I’m too tired right now, so look for them next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...