Thursday, January 11, 2018

Schönbrunn, Stairs and Skating... Oh My

*I actually wrote this post last night but didn't get a chance to post it until the morning*


Today was the last day in Vienna. Even though we will be back, I will miss it! Today was a
long and exhausting day. There was a lot of walking, climbing of stairs and standing.

We started off by touring the Schönbrunn Palace. Once we got there, it was time to take

as many photos as we could. Since we couldn't take photos inside, we made up for it on
the outside. Walking through the Palace and seeing all the love history was great. We got
to witness around 40 rooms, all of different styles!






















After that, a few of us headed back to Stephansplatz to climb the south tower. All 343 stairs...
That was enough exercise for the day. Going around and around the spiral stairs of that tower was
not my idea of fun but the view at the end was worth it! Here are the photos from the top! The way
down was a more fun though!

Next we took a quick lunch stop before I dragged my group ice skating. I had heard about this

pathway of ice in front of the Rathaus from people who took this class before and it was worth it!
After we struggled to buy tickets, get skate rentals, and eventually find the right skate size, the whole
event was worth it!! It was great to just have some fun with my friends!

Lastly, we got to go to the concert I was looking forward to the most! The Vienna Philharmonic with

Gustav Dudamel! We had standing room only tickets which was better than I thought it would be.
I had pictured it similar to past rock concerts I have been to but this was way more civilized! I was very
sore and tired from my earlier activities but watching the Vienna Phil made all the pain worth it. The
music was AMAZING and something I hope to never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...