Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Dawn of the Second Day

I had a great first day in Vienna! We flew from Seattle to Frankfurt and then took a short flight from there to Vienna and landed around noon. We had most of the day to ourselves after finding our rooms, so my roommates and I decided to take a walk around the city.

Our first adventure during our walk was trying to figure out the U-Bahn. In theory it shouldn’t have been as hard as it ended up being. The maps were all really clear so we found the stop we wanted to get off at and went to the side of the station that was heading that direction. The issue started when the train finally came. It was during rush hour so we all crowded on and waited for it to leave. After a few minutes of waiting for it to leave, an announcement came on in German and everyone got off and walked to the other side of the station. We followed them and got on the train on the other side. After a few minutes of waiting for this train to leave, another announcement came on and everyone got off the train and walked to the side of the station we were first on. We had several people ask us what was going on but we didn’t speak German so we asked one of the locals. They didn’t know what was going on either. At that point we gave up on the U-Bahn and continued our walk.

After wandering through the city for a little bit longer we ended up finding a beautiful church. It was empty when we walked in so it was totally silent. We stayed in there for a while just taking everything in.



After our walk (which ended up being a little over 4 miles) we met up with the rest of the group for dinner. We ate at Zwölf Apostelkeller which was delicious. They stuck us in one of the lower floors of the restaurant. It was a great restaurant with awesome food.

By 9:00 I was so exhausted and ready for bed. I had been up all day and experienced so much already and loved every second of it. Can't wait for the rest of the trip.








*Visual representation of what I looked like after being awake for 30 hours

Ready for day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did it have to end?!?

I'm sad that the trip has come to an end because I truly had the time of my life. Never in my life did I think that I would travel to Eu...